Moderne Kücheninsel Frühstücksbar – lanzhome.com
Nanotechnology Offers Insulating Benefits
A growing number of homeowners are tackling the big problems of energy efficiency and mold resistance by thinking small.
Nanotechnology-the manipulation of matter at the molecular level at the scale of a nanometer, or a billionth of a meter in size-has recently come into play in the insulation arena. A material called Hydro-NM-Oxide has been shown to be highly effective at insulating against all three types of thermal transfer: solid conductivity, gaseous conductivity and radiative (infrared) transmission.
According to the Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies, Hydro-NM-Oxide has nearly twice the R-Value-meaning twice the insulating quality-of polyurethane foam. And it’s been incorporated into a new line of coatings for the home.
Nansulate® HomeProtect Interior is a paintable, mold-resis-tant coating that can be applied to interior walls, ceilings, attics and floorboards to give added insulation benefits, and protects against mold without the use of potentially harmful anti-fungal agents. Nansulate HomeProtect ClearCoat can be applied to exterior and interior surfaces. Suggested home applications include:
• Attics. Increase your home’s energy efficiency (and save money) by insulating one of the places that heat transfer is prevalent.
• Ceilings and walls. Decrease the amount of heat transfer through your walls and ceilings. Nansulate is especially useful in older homes where there is no room for traditional insulation to be applied without knocking down walls and losing valuable space.
• Ducts. Prevent condensation and rust while eliminating mold and moisture to create a more comfortable indoor environment, reduce the chance of air pollutants, save energy and lower fuel bills.
• Basement pipes. Avoid unnecessary heat loss during winter and minimize water damage from cold pipes “sweating” in warmer months.
• Hot-water heaters. Hot- water heaters can use about 20 percent of the energy consumed by an average household. Insulating your hot-water heater can have positive effects on your total cost of energy each month.
• Mold resistance. Protect your home and property and create a healthier environment for your family. Mold can grow in a variety of areas in the interior and exterior of your home, creating health risks and devaluing your property. Nansulate has proven resistant to both existing mold growth and new mold growth.